Thursday, March 23, 2006

Feeling empowered

Last weekend my best friend and I drove to Winston-Salem NC to attend a Joyce Meyer Ministries Conference. We were so blessed aby being there, along with about 10,000 other attendees. We witness more than 500 people turn their lives over to Christ. It was amazing!

Joyce's first two sessions dealt with grief and lonliness, two topics I am all too well aware of. She reminded us that there are many types and causes of grief, and that while a time of grief is natural and quite healthy, a "spirit of grief" is not. Similarly, she reminded us that there is a difference between being lonely and being alone. I don't know about you, but some of the loneliest moments of my life have been while married. It is possible to be in the same bed with someone and still feel totally, utterly alone.

If you ever get a chance, I strongly encourage you to attend a Joyce Meyer Ministries conference. You'll be so glad you did. In addition to wonderful teaching, powerful praise, wonderful worship music, there are literally tons of books, tapes and CDs that are so inspirational and motivational. Here's the calender of upcoming conferences.

There are so many people out there, in our neighborhoods, in our cities and towns, and perhaps even in our own home, who are lonely and hurting. Of course we need to pray for them, but we need to do more. And we can. By now you know that my mission in life is to encourage knitters around the globe to step up to the knitting basket, take the needles by the horn, and start doing something to bless someone else.

I actually took my knitting with me and finished one prayer shawl and started another one while at the conference. What better way to infuse the prayer shawls with prayers and blessings that to have it with me at a conference with thousands of other Christians? Wow!

I planted some seeds for this ministry while there and already I am beginning to see those seeds begin to bloom. I am so expectant and excited about discovering what God has in store for us. Hopefully you'll join me on this adventure!

No comments: