Saturday, August 26, 2006

A technical question

Now that the summer slackfest is almost officially over, it's time to get back to blogging. I have several updates that I'm hoping to post this weekend. But in the meantime, can anybody help me figure out how to get the sidebar items (scroll down to the bottom) to appear at the top of the blog the way they used to? I've removed everything that I thought was wide enough to cause a problem with the margins, but with no luck. What's the point of putting all those great links off to the side if no one can see them, eh?

Thanks!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Syd - I use Safari as my browser & the sidebar is definately right at the top with at the right of the screen. :)

Mary said...

I use Mozilla's Firefox and the blog is also aligned correctly. It's just a problem with MSIE, it appears, but one thing you can do is widen the main columns so everything will fit.

In your blog's template here:

/* Content
----------------------------------------------- */
@media all {
#content {
width:660px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:0;
text-align:left;
}
#main {
width:410px;
float:left;
}
#sidebar {
width:220px;
float:right;

Change the content width to something like 700px (instead of 660), and I think everything should work fine. You shouldn't have to fiddle with the width of the main or sidebar columns -- the extra width for the entire content section should now make everything fit into the width and make MSIE happy.

Hope this helps.