Friday, February 15, 2008

I'll be back in a few weeks...

I'm trying to do better with my blog etiquette by announcing that I probably won't be posting for the next few weeks. I was laid off from my job unexpectedly the day before Valentine's Day so needless to say, I've got some new priorities on an already busy plate right now.

I've known for some time that this job wouldn't last for a number of reasons, but every time I was asked why I hadn't left yet, my reply was that God hadn't told me to yet. I said that when He told me to leave I'd go, and the wait for His direction on what to do next. I think it's safe to say that that time as come. Despite my anger and pain over the way the situation was handled, I am confident that this was a blessing and that God has something much bigger and better in store for me, even though I don't have any idea what that is at the moment. He's blessed me in so many ways in this past year, that I'd be foolish to think that He would leave me now.

I'm hoping to get caught up on some knitting. I'm almost finished with a dozen that I'm planning to deliver to a local sexual and domestic violence agency soon. I've also gotten some great yarn donations so I'll be winding a lot of yarn balls with my daughter when she comes home to visit from Iraq at the end of the month (YEAH!!!).

So, even if you go away for a while because I'm not posting regularly, please check back every now and then because I believe that God is just about ready to take this ministry to the next level, and that straightening out my work situation was the last challenge to making that happen.

Be blessed!

Sydney

No comments: