Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A very special prayer ministry

I've often commented on how amazed I am about the generosity of some people, and how blessed we are to have the Internet, when it's used properly, of course. Today I discovered the most amazing website. Called TweetYourPrayers.com, anyone in the world can send a prayer via Twitter to this site and they will print your prayer, along with many others, and hand-deliver them to the prayer wall in Jerusalem, for free!

My first instinct was to jump on my Twitter account and send a prayer. Now would be an especially good time to do that since I put an offer on a home today. But, I haven't been able to send a prayer yet. Even though it's free, and presumably I could send as many prayers as I want to, there's something incredibly sacred about this ministry. I refuse to just send any prayer to be placed on that holy wall. I'm going to have to think long and hard about what my prayer will be. The fact that I feel that way reminds me how blessed I truly am.

No comments: