Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's been a great week

Despite some painful personal challenges, all in all it's been a great week. First, we received FIVE pink scarves on Monday for the Think Pink Challenge! We still have a long way to go, but lots of knitters have joined over the past week and pledges are higher than ever. Thanks to everyone who's joining in on that great project.

Orders for the SKM Signature Prayer Shawl have started coming in as well, which is great. This is a major fundraiser for SKM, with proceeds going towards the purchase of a property to house the knitting retreat for sexual assault survivors. I'm going to visit a property this weekend that sounds absolutely perfect for the retreat. If it's anything like I expect it to be, I'll post about it next week.

Speaking of that, we've received our first two cash donations this week as well! In fact, today I was able to open a savings account where I've planted those first two seeds for the retreat. Thank God! The bank manager was very surprised when I insisted that I didn't need withdrawal slips or an ATM card for the retreat. Instead, I just asked for LOTS of deposit slips! LOL!!!

The first Knitting Angel has officially stepped forward to volunteer, and I'll be getting her shawl kit out to her soon (Thanks, Christine!) I'm hoping that more of you will answer the call and help out. In addition to the need for people to help knit the shawls, I've added an SKM wish list in the sidebar to the right, as well as donation buttons to make it easy to contribute financially if you feel led to do so.

Even if you can't contribute financially, you can't knit or you're busy knitting other things, I'm asking that you pray, not for me, but for this ministry. Please help me pray that we can truly make a difference in the lives of women who have been sexually assaulted by giving them a healing place to go to, to give them the healing gift of knitting, and let them know that God, and so many people like us, have not forgotten them. Also, please spread the word about what this ministry is doing. Each of us is no more than six steps away from someone who could make all the difference for this project. I have no idea how this is all going to come together, but I believe in my heart that God has a perfect plan for it. Through prayers, spreading the word, fulfilling Divine appointments and planting seeds of faith, I know that this knitting retreat can and WILL come to be. No contribution (of time, yarn, money, spreading the word, etc) is too small or insignificant. I sincerely appreciate anything you can do to help.

No comments: