Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Declare that You are Blessed!

I just found this posted on message board and it spoke to me loud and clear. God knows that I really needed to hear this particular message at this particular time. Given the reference to Joel and Victoria, I'm assuming this comes from Joel Osteen. I'm including the entire text as I found it, I hope I'm not violating any copyright laws, but I just had to pass this along.



Today's Scripture

"Behold, the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder, where the inclination of the pilot desires. So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things." (James 3:4-5)

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Like the rudder on a ship, your tongue sets the direction of your life. It does not matter how hard the wind may blow, the rudder keeps the ship on its course. The words you speak are like that ship's rudder. No matter how hard the winds of life may sometimes blow, you need to guard the words that come out of your mouth. If you speak words of defeat, don't be surprised if your life continues on a course of defeat. But, when you choose to speak overcoming words of victory, you will experience victory.

It's not enough to refrain from speaking negative things. You must proactively say positive and encouraging things about yourself and your family. As you speak words of blessing over your life, you will find that they become a self-fulfilling prophecy. You can change your world by changing your words.

The Bible says in Proverbs 18:21, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Make sure that the fruit your tongue produces is sweet. Declare that you are blessed and that whatever you do will succeed. Begin to speak those words of faith and victory over your life and over your loved ones, and you will reap a harvest that will bless your family for generations.

A Prayer for Today

God, help me to change direction and use encouraging, uplifting words of blessing. I believe that you want me to live a life of victory. I will use my words to declare that victory to myself and to the world! In Jesus' name – Amen.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful... it ministered to me so much. Thank you for sharing. I do, sometimes, speak defeat in our lives.

I am going to add you to my reads if that is okay...