I bet you thought this was going to be a post about something awful that just happened. NOT! In this case, knit really does happen. Here's how God has moved in this ministry in the past 24 hours alone!
- I received a call this morning from a yarn manufacturer who is shipping a BOX of yarns for our prayer shawl project. I'll definitely post pictures of the yarn when it arrives.
- Several people have either contacted me directly or responded to messages I've left on various boards pledging to knit pink scarves and/or to send yarn.
- I received a very special request for a prayer shawl that I'm going to start knitting tomorrow.
- I met with a friend for lunch today/yesterday (it's 5:30 AM and I never made it to sleep last night thanks to my wonderful case of insomnia) and when I told her about the Retreat, she was so excited that we stopped right in the middle of lunch and she prayed for the Center. We started talking about a new book proposal and she pledged to donate a portion of future royalties to help build the retreat.
- God gave me a very clear answer to a question I'd been struggling with concerning a very special prayer shawl which I'm going to be starting this week. I struggled with this issue for 2 days, foolishly falling back into my old and very bad habit of trying to figure things out on my own. When I was finally reminded that all I needed to do was pray about it and to ask God how to handle it. I did, and within 20 minutes, I had the answer. And of course, the solution was perfect. How could it not have been when you consider the source!