Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Knit Happens!

I bet you thought this was going to be a post about something awful that just happened. NOT! In this case, knit really does happen. Here's how God has moved in this ministry in the past 24 hours alone!

  1. I received a call this morning from a yarn manufacturer who is shipping a BOX of yarns for our prayer shawl project. I'll definitely post pictures of the yarn when it arrives.
  2. Several people have either contacted me directly or responded to messages I've left on various boards pledging to knit pink scarves and/or to send yarn.
  3. I received a very special request for a prayer shawl that I'm going to start knitting tomorrow.
  4. I met with a friend for lunch today/yesterday (it's 5:30 AM and I never made it to sleep last night thanks to my wonderful case of insomnia) and when I told her about the Retreat, she was so excited that we stopped right in the middle of lunch and she prayed for the Center. We started talking about a new book proposal and she pledged to donate a portion of future royalties to help build the retreat.
  5. God gave me a very clear answer to a question I'd been struggling with concerning a very special prayer shawl which I'm going to be starting this week. I struggled with this issue for 2 days, foolishly falling back into my old and very bad habit of trying to figure things out on my own. When I was finally reminded that all I needed to do was pray about it and to ask God how to handle it. I did, and within 20 minutes, I had the answer. And of course, the solution was perfect. How could it not have been when you consider the source!
I'm on fire for God and for this ministry. Can you tell? If not, stick around and watch how He's going to use this ministry. Is God awesome or what?!?!?!?


No comments: