Thursday, May 25, 2006

Saturday night at the game

Believe it or not, I sometimes do something other than work or knit. Last Saturday I went to a Richmond Braves game in Norfolk. Let me start by saying that I am NOT a baseball fan, but the weather was glorious and thanks to the miracle of advanced technology, I was able to knit at night under the stars (stadium lights). How's that for making the best of the situation?

Because I'm so inspired by Mary's blog, I've decided to try to remember to take my camera with me when I go out. I did remember to take the camera to the ball game, so here's a picture. I was surprised at how well this picture came out since it was dark.





While most people thought the baseball players were the stars, I must admit this guy gets my vote:





And last but not least is the real reason I went to the game:

fireworks

1 comment:

Mary said...

I wish I'd brought my knitting to the last R-Braves game I attended. Next time, for sure! And tonight I went to my parents' for dinner and thought, "nah, I don't need my camera", so didn't bring it, but sure enough - there was a bunny right near my car as I was leaving. He sat there like a statue for a really long time, even after I got in the car and drove away. I was so close! Oh well. Next time!

One of the things I love about digital cameras is that you can take low-light, no-flash pictures with them and not have to worry about film speed.